So you're thinkin' about your 1st home or condo and aren't sure where to start, huh?
Being a First-Time Home Buyer can be an anxious and stressful event but it also has the potential to be a very exciting and rewarding journey. Just remember that everyone in the world that owns a home (whether it's their 2nd or 1,000,000th) they were a First-Time Home Buyer at some point...so everyone has been in your shoes at one time or another.
Where do I start? Who do I trust? These are some very common lingering questions...
- Choose a Realtor - wouldn't you go to a dentist for your teeth? an attorney for court? a doctor for illness? Why wouldn't you go to an experienced professional in real estate to make one of the largest financial purchases you'll ever make?
- Pre-approval - find out what you can & cannot afford...sometimes you'll discover you can actually afford more! This will Narrow Your Search, Save Time & Give you Negotiating Leverage against the seller.
- Search, Search, Search - start looking: online, Realtor, open house...balance your WANTS vs. NEEDS. Odds are you won't find your PERFECT DREAM HOME but if you play it right, you can find a great deal that will meet the majority of your wants & needs.
- Smart Offer - plan out a well though-out offer based upon market conditions, comparable properties, and seller circumstances. Getting started on the right foot will save you time and money. Short on Cash? Negotiate closing costs! Your Realtor will have you in position to make the most educated offer possible.
- Inspections - this is some of the best few-hundred $$ you'll ever spend. Don't be a fool...home inspections will bring to light major & minor home defects that you may have never have found until years down the road...this'll save you $ and headache.
- Closing Baby! - make sure your Realtor has everything on track for a fast & smooth closing. This is when title is transferred and you'll get the keys to your Home Sweet Home.
Having closed many, many transactions with First-Time Home Buyers I can easily get a feel for what exactly is important to them. There are lots of fun to work with because they are so excited for their 1st home and the Louisville market provides them with fantastic opportunities.
Be Sure to Check Out all Up-to-Date Louisville Listings Below
Sean S. Williams
Licensed Broker, Realtor®, ABR®, e-Pro®
1st Time Buyer & Relocation Specialist
of Louisville, Kentucky
"Eat. Sleep. Real Estate."
*Serving the Louisville, Kentucky & Surrounding Areas.
Trust in a dedicated Real Estate professional to cater to your needs.
Accredited Buyer Representative® , e-Pro®, First-Time Home Buyer Specialist & Louisville Relocation Specialist.
I would love to assist you today!*