It's that time of year again in the Bluegrass State for the 138th running of the spectacular Kentucky Derby!!
As the longest running sporting event in the United States that is held on the 1st Saturday of every May, it has become known as the"best 2 minutes in sports". As a native & resident, let me boast that it is probably the best week in the United States!
People from all around the world gather together 150,000+ strong at the historic Churchill Downs in the heart of Louisville, Kentucky to celebrate, party & socialize. Whether you're in Millionaires Row or getting wild in the infield, you are sure to have an experience that will last you a lifetime.
A full month of events that bring the city of Louisville alive take place prior to the highly anticipated race including:
Thunder Over Louisville (largest firework show in US), Steamboat Races, Bed Races, Mini Marathons, Riverfront Concerts, the Chow Wagon, Brownstable Party (celebrity party), Kentucky Oaks, and many, many more..
Things to remember when coming to the Kentucky Derby:
1. Make sure you dress accordingly...meaning dress as fansy/high class as you want or as "white trash" as you desire just depending on what area of the track you'll be attending
2. If you're a lady you better make sure you have a bright, big, extravagant derby hat to showcase
3. You have to try the world famous "mint julep" which is crafted with Kentucky's own Woodford Reserve Bourbon
4. Make some bets and hopefully win some money! Whether you are an amatuer or a pro, honestly it's still a fun time even if you're losing!
5. During the race, you WILL get goosebumps and the hair will stand up on the back of your neck!
For the city of Louisville and the state of Kentucky this is the biggest event year-in & year-out. Churchill Downs is truly the "Horse Racing Capital of the World" and the road to the Triple Crown starts here. Whether you're a resident, a visitor or someone possibly relocating to the area this is one of those events you have to get off the "bucket list".
"Go Baby, Go!"
Sean S. Williams
Licensed Broker, Realtor®, ABR®, e-Pro®
1st Time Buyer & Relocation Specialist
of Louisville, Kentucky
"Eat. Sleep. Real Estate."
*Serving the Louisville, Kentucky & Surrounding Areas.
Trust in a dedicated Real Estate professional to cater to your needs.
Accredited Buyer Representative® , e-Pro®, First-Time Home Buyer Specialist & Louisville Relocation Specialist.
I would love to assist you today!*